buttons

Thursday 10 November 2011

Rimmel Scandal eyes Mascara


Rimmel London Scanal Eyes Mascara rrp £6.99
available at Boots and Superdrug





I picked this up as part of Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer on all cosmetics, I don't usually buy make up from any of the brands sold in chemists, however I have yet to find a higher end mascara worth the extra pennies so for now its one product I don't mind being cheap and cheerful.
I didn't need a mascara at the time but for some reason the bright, tacky packaging lured me in! The brush is a traditional mascara wand (no plastic bristles thanks!) and is super large, for super large lashes? we'd hope. 
Rimmels says its a breakthrough mascara! (whatever that is) It is suppose to give you serious volume without clumping basically, hurrah! 
I wasn't expecting much from this mascara to be honest and I really hate it when products make ridiculous claims, but the more I use this, the more I like it.  
I wouldn't call this a "breakthrough" in mascara,  but it does give some decent volume whilst avoiding clumps, especially when compared to my oldest fav, Boujoirs volume clubbin'.  Its a good everyday mascara for those who like volume and definition and for the price you can't really grumble. 
The best quality of this mascara I think, is the way it really opens up your eyes, I don't think I've ever looked so awake! and for this, despite your wild claims and ridiculous packaging, I really like you Rimmel Scandal eyes.

p.s for extra lol'z go watch the t.v advert for this, ridiculous!

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow it really does look like a decent mascara, I'm pretty impressed!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is pretty good, It took a little while to get used to using it, but after a few days of getting the hang of it I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love the advert for this! and it looks amazing!! I keep seeing this around but didn't think it would be too amazing!!




    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFayexoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging put me off this but it actually looks pretty good! Don't like massive brushes on mascaras though, with my short eyelashes it makes quite a mess on the lid haha i love makeup adverts, my favourite at the moment is the Loreal True Match foundation advert with Beyonce, if you haven't seen it Youtube it, it's massively cringe haha
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Rimmel's mascaras, I think the last one I bought was day 2 nite. I know what you mean about spending more money for mascara, I prefer high end brands for foundation, but I never notice the difference with mascara. This rimmel one looks great.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! thats amazing!! i use Daniel Sandler mascara at the moment just because i got it in my glossybox but i usually rimmel and I will definitely be trying this!!

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty good!
    I use a mascara from kiko and its cheap too but is really good :)
    XO

    www.stylebycelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really tempted to go and get this.. your eyelashes look amazingly long! plus, I'm oretty sure my mascara's away to run out so maybe this is a sign.. xx


    www.amybell-thelittlemagpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mascara makes your eyes and eyelashes look amazing!

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are beautiful and the mascara only helps show off those eyes!! xoxo http://trendsneversleep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on the adverts but I wasn't sure whether it'd be good or not. it looks like it works really well! you have really nice eyes too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your eyelashes look amazing, I am so tempted to purchase this now xx

    ReplyDelete