buttons

Sunday 24 June 2012

The DIY French Manicure


 O.P.I Avoplex Cuticle Treatment   Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover
O.P.I funny Bunny   O.P.I Barre My Soul    Seche Vite Top Coat

Recently all I have been wearing on my nails is a classic french manicure, nothing makes my nails look so neat and "done" without using colour.  First things fist, getting rid of overgrown cuticles. The first thing I do is apply a blob of Sally Hansen cuticle remover on each nail and leave for 3-4 minutes. This product helps to break down the dead skin of the cuticle for easy removal, I then use a cuticle remover to push them back once the cuticle remover has worked it's magic.  To keep my cuticles in good shape I use the O.P.I Avoplex Cuticle Treatment which contains avocado oil to keep cuticles hydrated and nourished. For the white tips I use O.P.I Funny Bunny, a muted soft white for a more natural looking tip with O.P.I's Barre My Soul (NYC Ballet Collection) all over the nail, again a very natural looking pink which makes the nails look lovely and healthy. To top it all off I always use my favourite top coat, Sech Vite, the only top coat which gives me chip free nails for 4-6 days. Sech Vite top coat will set you back around £11 but I think it's worth every penny. 


1 comment: